24 February 2006

Happy Bloggerversary To Me

Well blow me down, it's been a year.
A year since I started blogging.
A year and a bit since I finally, properly came out of my quite deep and dangerous depressive illness. I mark that from February 3rd last year when I went to a huge BBC party as the least prestigious of hundreds of BBC employees who'd won awards the previous year. I talked to Vanessa Feltz about the decor. I honestly did. I stood in a cloakroom queue with Gina McKee, Andrew Marr and that bloke off of Shoestring, whatsisname, Trevor Eve. I saw Stephen Poliakoff talking to the execs - presumably persuading them to move the Ten O'Clock News to accommodate his Friends and Crocodiles (just me and B or was it excruciating?). I saw David Walliams surrounded by women in a dark corner.

Where was I. Oh yes, the bloggerversary. Just like my first day blogging, I took Spike to his nursery, through sleet. Different nursery, same weather.

Plus ca change - Ova Girl's got a bun in the oven now - but c'est la meme chose - Paul Miller's off to Tokyo in the next few days, whence he was returning when I first read My London Life (I remember I was looking idly on the net for news of my old mucker Erica W) and thought, ooh, that looks interesting, that blogging lark.

They and others have been reading this from the beginning. I'm really very grateful for that, and for all the comments. Thanks.

Today I heard I'd been picked as Southwark Playhouse's nominee for 'The 50', a new writing bursary and mentoring project jointly initiated by the BBC and the Royal Court, as part of the Court's 50th birthday jamboree. Can't tell you how pleased I am about this. Am quite over the moon. Tom and Juliet at the Playhouse are responsible. What a nice bloggerversary present. I'm very lucky.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the nomination. and on the bloggerversary.

poliakoff, yes, he's one of these odd few dramatists who seem to manage to get plenty of work produced, regardless of the fact they're not terribly good. neil la bute is another....

Anonymous said...

The 50 sounds cool, does being 'nominated' mean you have been officially selected, or do you have to wait it out a bit longer? And who are the other 49?

well done,

PD Lubbock

Urban Chick said...

happy bloggiversary and congrats on being picked as a nominee for the bursary!

fingers and toes crossed...

sbs said...

it's a bit ambiguous the way I put it, but being Southwark's nominee means I am indeed one of the 50. v pleasing, innit. I'll know more about what's involved in the next week or so.

pm said...

Happy bloggerversary, sbs, and congrats on the nomination.

Ova Girl said...

Slightly late to join the party but happy bloggerversary sbs! And brillo news re the nomination, that's great. I have enjoyed reading OPRC very much indeed.

hip hip hooray!

Ben said...

Well done on being one of the "50" ! And Happy Bloggerversary.

B

RLN said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SOUTHWARK BURSAY NOMINATION!

Here's to hoping you win. Wish I'd read your blog before today. How modest you were yesterday. Thanks again for a great Minis 2 and for including my work in it. Can't wait to see Minis 3.