14 March 2006

Piece got done. Was touch and go there for a while as I was flattened by a bug for most of the weekend. I'm reasonably pleased with it, though it's a play unpleasant. And it's nearer twenty minutes than thirty. A miniature, in fact. B thinks it's alright, which is always a good sign, she's a tough crowd. Quite cathartic - there's afterbirth, as well as unloving sex, and the riddle from Oedipus Tyrannus. I suppose now I look at it I can see that what I've done is something akin to conjuring the evil eye, like people do to ward off any complacency or hubris. A sort of spell to preserve the familial calm around here at the moment. And there are clouds of such. I mean, just look.


buzz first few days + 007

6 comments:

Rod said...

What Jung might call shadow work perhaps.

Beautiful pic.

Urban Chick said...

aw - there ain't nothing better than snuggling on the sofa with a cute baby...

RLN said...

Could I read the new short play?

sbs said...

On its way.

spindleshanks said...

sweeties - you look positively anne geddes!

sbs said...

glad you people liked the pic.
had to google anne geddes though!
now I get it.