10 April 2006

The Archivist

It happens very occasionally, as it did this Friday past, that I check my statcounter and discover that a person has read through my entire archive in practically one sitting. This raises a number of questions for the blogger. The first of course is - who is it? But curiosity killed the cat, it might be best not to know. Second - who has the time on a Friday afternoon to read a year's worth of blogwriting? Is it a procrastinating freelancer - I can relate to that, natch. Or is it someone in an office whiling away the hours till going home time? It's been a very long while since I had an office job, and even then I never had a desk of my own. Is this the sort of thing office people do, sitting at the computer of a Friday - read the random jottings of a minor minor playwright?
And third - wot, no comment? (But then again, I might be asking for trouble)

3 comments:

Ben said...

It may have been a robot, which aren't always picked up if it's a new one - but I have been known on occasion to read a whole blog archive.

And people who blog and then date (more popular in the US) do this too...

But it wasn't me on this occasion!!

Perhaps, simply, you have a fan.

sbs said...

cheers Ben.

"people who blog and then date"...

you mean, go on dates?

Ben said...

Yep. They go on dates and keep a track of what is happening on their blogs....