02 August 2006

I Wish I Were Cleverer

Because if I were I could dash off this little play I'm writing for Southwark - Everything Must Go - while keeping abreast of the international situation, forging ahead with Zadie Smith's On Beauty (started it in the IOW and I think it's delightful), plotting and planning my next May Queen rewrite, starting research for the two plays after that (Robinson Crusoe, and a comedy about astronomy and witchcraft), while at the same time keeping on top of the Miniaturists planning (next show August 20th, our last at Southwark), spending qualidee time with the family, catching up with friends, putting up pictures in the sitting room, and even, even going to see one or two things at the theatre. Hope to get to Under The Black Flag on Friday. What else is unmissable?

4 comments:

Urban Chick said...

isn't it that you wish you could be cloned and manage therefore to do more in a day??

word veri: iraqsbsc (iraq sbs complains!)

spooky

sbs said...

how lovely to hear you, UC. d'you know Spindleshanks is directing a show in Edinburgh?

As for that post, well I'm still feeling fairly thick! I'm going to see a Lorca play later at the Arcola, maybe it'll get me going.

that word veri is cool.

Urban Chick said...

i did! in fact, i am just trying to figure out if/whether i can offload the chicklets to go and see the show and/or meet the spindly one for a drink...

problem is, we're awash with visitors at the moment - can't think why...stelios of easyjet fame should be paying me commission for every bum on every edinburgh-bound flight seat i'm securing for him

tuh! chance'd be a fine thing, eh?

sbs said...

I hear you, sister. I was never more popular than in those Augusts when I had a flat in central Edinburgh with floorspace...