09 December 2006

Forty today!

And enjoying the new decade, not least because it's kicking off with my first production in Liverpool, I can finally tell you without breaching confidence, dear friends and others out there in the wide world, and this play is the dearest thing to my heart of all the things I've written, I've bored regular readers about this before, The May Queen, a big old bastard of a play, an attempt to retell the story of Electra and Orestes for the burning city of Liverpool, May 1941.
It's gone up on the Everyman website and I think the copy they've written for it is fantastic, not least the words 'professional homecoming', How nice is that?

So must dash off to do some cleaning, got people coming round for tea and dinner (southern usage) and look forward to telling you more about the funny week I've had, if time allows, and burbling on about MQ no doubt...

5 comments:

David Eldridge said...

Many congratulations on the great news about your play and of course on turning 40! Many happy returns of the day matey!

OvaGirl said...

Many happy returns sbs! 40 is fabbo! And....clicked on the website and couldn't wipe the grin off my face at your beautiful big play being given a wonderful season. Homecoming indeed!

Yay you!!

lancewrite said...

Congratulations (play & 40). Looking forward to seeing the play with Scouse relatives.

Al said...

A slightly belated happy birthday sir...

sbs said...

Cheers you lot! Very nice of you.

(Og - you'll be getting a thanks in the programme if it's up to me)