15 December 2006

Lay awake last night worrying whether I've got the tone wrong in a key scene. Playing it over in my numb head, trying to see it in the space as it might happen, but sometimes it's pretty useless until and unless you can hear the actors' pitch and rhythm, see their faces and the way they move in relation to one another. I mean I know, it's a no s*** Sherlock scenario isn't it, it's a play scene and needs to be seen. But the writer's got to see it before it's see-able, innhe.
I turned the radio on - it's next to my pillow for super-quiet Ashes listening - but play hadn't started yet, the frequency was still in the hands of World Service, so I listened to a report on manufacturing in India that was simultaneously shocking and boring. Much like the cricket, some might say.

No comments: