04 February 2007

Coming up for the twoth anniversary of O, Poor Robinson Crusoe! and I nearly didn't make it - juggling html templates yesterday while also looking after my beloved second child I almost accidentally killed it, the blog that is, and for half an hour I was glumly acclimatising myself to life after Bob Crusoe. My grief was interesting to me - I'd been thinking about chucking it in to be honest - and the relief I felt on seeing the familiar font and blogroll reappear from neverland was quite strong. So I'll not be parking this thing just yet, just finding ways to refresh. I have been marginally depressed by some of the recent, how to put it, pusillanimity? unpleasantness? in the theatre ****osphere (and before you say anything, there's the occasional thing in my archive I'm not exactly proud of, and I'm learning). But you know, I quite like having my own spot on the interweb and some people out there tune in from time to time, so... so what? so anyway I'll be hanging around on the corner of Robinson and Crusoe for a while yet, and while I figure out just quite how I'm going to Stop Worrying And Learn To Love The Hurlyburly in the neighbourhood I'll leave you with a link.

My sister- and brother-in-law and their company Red Redemption have designed a very interesting educational game for the BBC about climate change called Climate Challenge. Click on the graphic to start the action. Or go here for the hardcore science behind the Really Quite Interesting game.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now look, this is all very well but what we Miniaturist audience members want to know is -
WHO WAS THE DRUNKEN DANCING SNOGGING GIRL IN THE LAST PLAY FFS?

sbs said...

Now look yourself - if you can't be arsed to pick up a free-at-the-point-of-use programme that me and B toiled over all week, double ffs - but thanks for coming, she was very good wasn't she and if you're minded to cast her in something then do drop me a line. Otherwise you'll have to find someone who kept a prog!

David Eldridge said...

Sorry you've been been a bit down on the blogging front and especially if I played a part in that after 'the infamous row' over at Fin's place.

Would be especially sad as you're one of the people who inspire me to carry on.

I think it can be paranoia inducing especially if you've a play coming on.

Be well, be lucky, fight the power and all that matey.

sbs said...

dear D, thanks for that, you're kind. this past weekend I also lost my debit card and narrowly escaped being attacked by a crazy man with a fire extinguisher on the Northern Line, so it's all been a bit skewiff. As for the 'sphere, as I say I'll just have to get used to the occasional thing kicking off...

Penny Culliford said...

Hi from the strange woman muttering to herself in the British Library on Monday. Sorry if I disturbed you. I hope you got your casting done in peace. I'm re-writing the section of my script that almost put me to sleep. Perhaps I should stick to the novels.

Keep going with the blog - fascinating stuff. The Miniaturist plays looked particularly interesting.

Best wishes,

Penny

sbs said...

Penny, very good to meet you the other day! good luck with the script, I'm sure it was just the overheated building putting you to sleep...