24 June 2007

Hot Chip

I am completely head over heels with this lot, after catching their set on the John Peel stage at Glastonbury.

800px-Hotchip4

No I wasn't there, more's the pity. Watching at home on the idiot's lantern. Anyway I just loved it, their brand of soulfully poetic electro-pop was just the ticket after wrestling all day with words, words, words. And their anthemic track Over And Over is quite simply one of the best things I've ever heard.

You can watch their set, for the next few days at least, by going here and clicking on the name of the band.

6 comments:

JJ said...

Thanx for linking me to Glastonbury listen again site! Great to catch up with the ones I missed. Hot Chip are great, I love the guy on the bongos. I'm going to watch Dame Shirely later, and The Gossip, who I missed. I am still reeling from Iggy and the Stooges on saturday night. Oh My Gosh, he is a God. And so comfortable to watch it all on TV then go to bed in nice clean warm bedroom with no mud!

sbs said...

Iggy was INCREDIBLE. As you say, he's surely more than human. Btw HC's Over and Over is the last track of the set, do yourself a favour if you haven't seen it already.

JJ said...

Just listened to Over and Over. Parteeee!!!! Who ARE Hot Chip? They look like off duty scientists.

sbs said...

Or playwrights. Which is possibly part off the attraction, natch. 'Fuck the workshop, guys - let's Rock Out!'

JJ said...

That's far too much excitement for a Monday afternoon Stephen, we must get back to our books forthwith!

sbs said...

Oh alright then. *sighs and gets his books out*