18 September 2007

It's a beautiful late summer's afternoon scene here in London's famous West End. There's a stillness and the light is fine but fading, no more sunny eves for us for a while. I'm perched on a stool in Foyle's cafe, aka Ray's Jazz Cafe, where somewhere behind me a geezer is tuning up prior to giving us the benefit of his musical wisdom. I'm off home though as I've promised Spike we'll rig up the little telescope he got given for his birthday on Saturday - he really is 5 now, and a schoolboy to boot, started last Tuesday.
Walked here from Bush House, where I had a meet with Liz about the radio play, tidying up some odds and sods. Still thrilling to pass through those security screens and into the territory of the British Broadcasting Corporation.
There's Blood Brothers over the way. Wonder if I'll ever get round to seeing it.

No comments: