20 April 2008

While rummaging for Tony Harrison's Oresteia I dusted down another (academic, annotated) translation of the middle play of the trilogy:

dame oresteia

featuring Dame Diana in what I'm sure you'll agree is the mother of all Clytemnestra costumes. The photo isn't credited in the volume, for shame, but I asked Dr.Google about it and she directed me to this page, recording the existence of a Frederic Raphael/Ken MacLeish adaptation for the telly. She even made the cover of Radio Times, look.

oresteia rigg

5 comments:

olly emanuel said...

That's pretty impressive! Ah, they don't make costumes like they used to do...

Is this to be the inspiration for something new of yours???

sbs said...

Olly don't tempt me... Perhaps an Oresteia/Star Trek mash up?

westendwhingers said...

O!M!G!


Speechless.

OvaGirl said...

Good lord sbs. Is it my imagination or has she managed to properly adjust herself for the Radio Times cover. She seems a little (ahem) lopsided in the pic above...

sbs said...

All far too distracting for a Wednesday, OG.